Reservations are required for visits to the museum, workshops and restaurant during the school holidays.
As the establishment is air-conditioned, we advise you to bring something to cover up with during your visit.
Last updated: 23/08/2021
This website is published by Les Secrets du Chocolat SAS, Rue du Pont du Péage, 67118 Geispolsheim, France, a company registered in the Strasbourg Commercial Register under number 500 184 429 000 24.
Head of publication: Ms Claire Arbogast, Manager, Les Secrets du Chocolat
The musee-du-chocolat.com website is hosted by OCI, 2 rue Ampère 67450 Mundolsheim
This entire website is covered by French and international legislation governing copyright and intellectual property rights. All reproduction rights are reserved, including those applicable to downloadable documents and iconographic representations. You agree not to reproduce, for any purposes other than private ones, sell, distribute, transmit, disseminate, adapt, modify, publish or communicate the data, presentation or organisation of this website, in whole or in part, in any format, without first obtaining written permission from Les Secrets du Chocolat.
The trademarks referred to on this website have been registered by the companies that own them.
Documents distributed in electronic format on this website may have been updated between the time you downloaded them and the time you read them. We therefore recommend that you check their validity.
Respect for privacy and Protection of personal data
While browsing this website, you may be asked to provide information of a directly or indirectly personal nature.
The information gathered via musee-du-chocolat.com website contact forms is strictly for internal use only.
The email address and/or contact details you provide on these contact forms will be used solely to process your request. This information will be kept for a period of 3 years.
When you consult the musee-du-chocolat.com website, information on how your terminal (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) browses the website, may be logged in small “cookie” files installed on your terminal, subject to any choices specified by you in respect of cookies, which can be changed at any time via your browser settings.
The cookies we transmit are used for the purposes described below, subject to any choices made by you via your browser settings at the time of your visit to the website:
- to adapt the presentation of our website to the display preferences set on your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) at the time of your visits to our website, in accordance with the hardware and the display and reading software loaded on your terminal;
- to memorise information relating to a form completed by you on our website (registration or access to your account) or to any products, services or information selected by you on our website (services subscribed to, content of an order basket, etc.);
- to enable you to access restricted and personal areas on our website, such as your account, via user names or data that you may have previously given to us;
- to implement security measures, e.g. when you are asked to reconnect to a particular item of content or a service after a certain period of time has elapsed;
- to make available certain functionalities used for measuring website traffic, so that these functionalities can be studied and enhanced. These cookies may be installed by third parties;
- third-party cookies may also be installed during your shared use of social media and/or viewing videos by third parties. They will only be installed when you click on the buttons or images that activate these functionalities linked to social media and/or viewing videos;
The way in which a cookie is installed on a terminal depends mainly on the wishes of the terminal user, who can express and change these at any time, free of charge, via the choices available to them on their browser. If, via your browser, you have agreed to cookies being installed on your terminal, the cookies contained in the pages and content consulted by you can be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of your terminal. Here, they can be read only by the party who transmitted them.
If you withhold permission for cookies to be installed on your terminal, or if you remove the cookies already installed on it, you will no longer be able to benefit from a number of functionalities that are still required for browsing certain areas of our website. This would be the case if you attempted to access any of our content or services that require you to identify yourself, and in particular the web Shop area and your account. If such a situation arises, we are unable to accept any liability for consequences linked to degraded functioning of our services, caused by the fact that we are unable to install or consult the cookies needed for these services to function, after you have either rejected or deleted these cookies.
When it comes to managing cookies and your choices, each browser’s configuration is different. This configuration is described in your browser’s help menu, which will explain how to change your cookie preferences.
You can, at any time, manage your preferences concerning the cookies used on our website, by clicking on the Cookies link at the foot of the page.
Right to access and rectify the information held on you
Your address and contact details cannot under any circumstances be sold or provided to third parties for commercial purposes unless you have first been given the opportunity to withhold your permission for this.
Under the French Data Protection law [loi informatique et libertés] of 6 January 1978, as amended in 2004, you are entitled to access and rectify any information held on you. You can exercise this right by contacting Les Secrets du Chocolat SAS, Rue du Pont du Péage, 67118 Geispolsheim, France, accompanied by proof of your identity (a photocopy of your ID card).
You can also, for legitimate reasons, withhold your permission for processing of the data held on you.
Declaration to the CNIL
In accordance with the law of 06/01/1978, this website was declared to the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) [French Data Protection Authority] before it was published on line. Declaration number: 1942581.